Hibiscus

The purpose of the image is to highlight overlaps of flower parts. The sharp sepal and petal base grading into a soft focus to the upper left is intentional.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

DSLR, 100mm, 1/640 sec @ f/8, ISO 640

paulgwiegman
2 Likes

Lovely abstract feel to this image, Paul. Love the movement in the lines and the composition you’ve created. Nicely done.

WOW! This is a thread that practically opened all by itself. The detail of shape and light in the LR is gorgeous, and the gradation of sharpness following the flowing lines is perfect! I love the tonal detail in the darker greens.

Love these extreme close-ups. I’m trying to take some, but it’s hard to get the comp and camera position just right. This certainly works well. The contrasting colors create a nice dynamic.

The overlap is definitely the star here. Especially in the green sections. I love the striations particularly, the way they curve and fan out and have different trajectories in the different parts. The subtle veining is a nice touch…keeps it real if you know what I mean. If you don’t, I mean that it’s an organic touch that reminds us it’s a living thing. The slice of lighter green with the silhouette is a nice touch. Bravo!

Beautiful colors, shapes and light. A very elegant close up.