High Key American Goldfinch

Taken an hour ago.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Some cloning of BG; probably could be a little better…

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1600, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 560, f8, 1250th, handheld, 10% full frame first crop, 40% full frame, second crop, A7R4

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I really like how you’ve chosen to edit this little guy David. It looks like to me he’s sitting for a portrait. The soft yellow color are simply elegant and the detail you’ve capture is amazing. Also like that you included the original.

David, I too like the sense that this is a formal portrait, with the bird off to the side in the large white space. The vertical crop also looks good, but it doesn’t convey the same sense of deliberate formality.

That’s an interesting crop which I like. It conveys a totally different mood than the full shot.