Hola! Im Joey (Nickname Wiz)

I’m From Charlotte NC, grew up in a sleepy town called Asheville NC (before it was cool) I was always interested in the great outdoors, hiking was a weekly thing with my parents along with flyfishing.
I moved to the big city but still returned to my beloved nature about once a month when i could get up to the mountains.
I was gifted a old Canon T2i about 4 years ago , and thus reinvigorated my love for being out in nature and sharing the things I see when I am out and about!

@ wizsnapsalot on all social medias

2 Likes

Hi, Joseph. Welcome to NPN! You live in a beautiful area of the country. I look forward to seeing more of what you’ll share here. This is a terrific group with lots of friendly and very knowledgeable folks.

1 Like

thank you for the kind response good sir! I cant wait to learn more and meet all of the wonderful people here!

1 Like

Welcome, Joseph! This is a great place for getting comments and advice on posted images, but also to critique images posted by others. A nice first posting, looking forward to what to come.

1 Like

Hi and welcome Joey - NC is indeed a lovely state and I hope that you settle in and feel comfortable sharing your images for the workshop approach we have to improving each other’s output. Back and forth is essential to getting the most out of this community and it’s pretty fun, too. Your opening photo is dynamic and very eye catching.

1 Like

Hello Joey, and welcome to the NPN community… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Joseph. I am also a newbie like you. This is a great platform for photographers, I am enjoying it. Welcome again.

1 Like

Joseph, welcome to NPN! I love the area you grew up in and would love to get some time there with my camera. I live in NC too, but over near Fayetteville area. I’m looking forward to seeing you more of your photography. This is a great platform to be a part of, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! this is quite a breath of fresh air after all these years of instagram…

Sweet! a local, at least relatively! (1.0 hours away-ish) I really appreciate all the warm welcomes and good interactions I’ve had thus far! Thanks once again and hope you are enjoying the left side of the state in these coming weeks! I know I’ve been obsessively going on day trips to the mnts!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Cheers!