House Sparrow

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D3400, 55-200mm lens, ISO 1600, 1/1600 sec f/6.3 … birds were flying around, had camera set at high shutter speed and ISO, used DXO 2 for noise reduction

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the setting and the pose with the sparrow looking at the camera. I’m wondering about the cap. It’s a bluish-gray, rather than the gray cap I associate with house sparrows and wonder if this is natural or not.

I did not change the color much, because I shoot RAW I always tweak it a bit however it does not take much to change things to unnatural but if I did it was unintentional. The sky was very blue that day, maybe that’s what is causing the blue tint “just a guess” thanks Allen

Nice pose and composition, Michael and I like the colors. the bird is a bit soft-it looks to me as if the Auto-focus locked onto the leaf under the bird.