Hug me

A couple of callas embraced against the sky

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D 850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/10, f/20, ISO 800

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I really like this, Gigi. I like the way you used the sky for the background. Great job on the whites. Nice details in the flowers.

Another superb image, Gigi. The composition is wonderful and the light coming through the lilies to define their internal structure is magical. Just a wonderful image.

Hi Gigi! This is a beautiful image and a unique point of view for these Calas. Excellent detail and lighting. The very faint blue in the sky makes a good high key background. Well done!

Superb craftsmanship here with the composition, lighting, and detail. One can almost make out a face in the right calla.

Enjoying this image thoroughly. The back lighting emphasizes the lines and details in the petals and the composition works well. Even your title defines the feeling of the image. Well done!

Gigi, as always, the care that you put into this view and it’s presentation make it a stand out. The coupling of the two Callas and how they meld so well with each other and with the sky is outstanding. This is a dreamy and joyful image.

Gigi: I’ve been away for a couple weeks travelling so please excuse my tardiness. One of my favorite flowers superbly captured and presented. Marvelous image. >=))>
PS: Are you able to get out and about yet?

Beautiful and unique shot of a favorite subject. I like the interaction of the two and the fine details showing through the petals.

Gigi
No superlative is good enough here! Wow! The lighting is superb and the detail , so nicely done with the light coming through those lines in the flowers. A keeper for sure!