Hummingbird Garden

The background fencing in this image is to keep the half a dozen deer that frequent our place from munching down the Columbine. I decided to leave the fencing in and put it in this forum.

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried to de-emphasize the background Columbine buds and flower rather than try to remove them-does it work?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 806 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/2000, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Topaz Detail 3 on the bird and the bud next to it. Slight desaturation and exposure reduction on the other buds and flower. Cropped to 5189x4128. Taken May 28th at 7:06 PM.

1 Like

I just tried shooting these zippy little guys the other day and wow…they are so fast. Congrats on getting this one in focus despite the busy surroundings. The light is rather lovely even if the fence isn’t. Deer abound here and any flowers I want to keep by the dock I have to put on the dock or they eat them. They have the whole forest, but no…my potted annuals are tastier. Given the circumstances I don’t know how I’d improve this image. Maybe a vertical crop to eliminate the green plant to the left? I wouldn’t remove the flower buds.