Hyde's Mill in the Rain

This is a picture I made last week on a rainy late afternoon. The Hyde’s Mill is only about 20 miles from my home and on that rainy day I decided I wanted to go photograph it

and try to get something a bit different than I had seen before, as it does get photographed quite a bit. The afternoon was dark with light rain and I added a 6 stop ND filter to end up with a 13 second exposure. I ended up liking the image quite a bit and it was different than pictures I had seen before.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn: 5DMK4, 24-105 f/4 L @ 47mm, ISO 50, F/11, 6 stop ND and 13 sec. exposure.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

Real nice, Nick. The mood is soft and quiet. Well done!
-P

Thanks Preston.

Real sweet, Nick. It is a very peaceful and serene look at this old mill.

Nick, this is absolutely lovely! The great detail on the mill house and water wheel contrast wonderfully with the softness and “foggyness” of the forest. The whole feeling of autumn is very well conveyed. Nicely done!!

Harley and Alberto, Thanks guys. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. I had a good time making this image. Cheers, Nick

Classicly wonderful Nick. I really like the flow of the water thru the frame. The rainy conditions really set the mood.

Lon