I don't care what you say, its not spring.

No, I am still cold.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was at Rocky Neck State Park on April 10 and this was one of 5 Great Egret there that morning. The other 4 were actively hunting for breakfast, but this Egret just didn’t warmup and stayed in the crouched stands all the time I was there.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -1EV, 1/1600, ISO 320, the shots are cropped 35%, and I adjusted the whites in DXO PhotoLab 6.

Great Stance and pose, Peter! :slight_smile:

Both are great but if I had to choose one over the other, my choice would be the first one because of head position and the darker BG behind the head.
BTW, the BG works very well, the darker brown color is a good contrast to the white egret!

I love the story and the second image with the head cocked is awesome, Peter. Nice job.

I agree: when will spring come? For the background, in the first image the egret pops more, but I prefer the second image for the egret as there is more light on the face, a more interesting pose, and a bit more detail in the fine feathers. Nice one.

Grumpy bird :slight_smile: … Nice set of images, I agree with @Allen_Brooks as to the 2nd one being my favorite! Cheers, Hans

Hi Mervin, Dennis, Allen & Hans.
Thank you the comments. Although there were Egrets actively hunting, this Great White presented a better photograph appearance.
Peter

Hi Peter, very nice exposure with sharp details. Contrast with the surroundings is very nice and sets the egret off well. My favorite is the second image with the cocked head as Dennis mentions.