I like the view

These two Egrets were part of a group of six that flew into the Fourmile River in South Lyme, Ct on 4-26-2020 at 8:34 AM. The tree they perched in was about 30ft high and around 120ft away from me. The shot was taken from a tripod use a cable release. Canon 7dII, Sigma 150-600mm at 600mm F8, 1/4000, ISO 640, cropped to 16/9 and 4/3. I adjusted the highlights, shadows and some local adjustments (vibrancy and sharpness) in DxO PhotoLab 3. I could not decide on a closer cropped shot of the two Egrets or include more of the tree they were in, so here are both.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I think both images work pretty well, Peter. On the second image, I’d be tempted to trim it to the 4x6 aspect ratio and do is to that the birds a re a bit further left in the frame, then clone over the bits of tree branches coming into the left side. That would create a nice diagonal in the branches leading down and right from the egrets.

Thank you for the comment Dennis, here is the 4/6.
Peter