ICM #2 (of 5) Sunlit grass in pond

Description:

I have started to investigate the possibilities of intentional camera movement (ICM) photography. To get feed-back to improve I have decided to post a series of 5 of my attempts so far.

When shooting the waterfall at Forsakar in the south-east part of Sweden, at the top of the waterfall I found a pond with sunlit grass. This is an ICM image of that scene.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any comments are welcome for me to improve on ICM photography.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

PREVIOUS POSTINGS IN THIS SERIES
#1 Birch trees in autumn meadow

3 Likes

Both are very pleasing images. I love the colors, lighting and abstract look of both of them.

Ola, really like these images and ICM as a technique in general. You don’t see much of this on NPN but I think it is a valid creative form of art. Maybe we should start an ICM quest.

I love both of these! The image of the grasses is fascinating for the mix of vertical elements with slight diagonals, and the angled path of light across the frame is wonderful, I missed seeing the Birch trees before but I love the spray of the smaller elements overlaid on the larger trunks at a different angle. I can spend a lot of time in both images!

Oh my! These are lovely. I don’t know which one I like more. Perhaps the golden one.

Love both of these, Ola. There is just enough movement to create a nice flow but not too much as there is still plenty of definition. I like the Birch trees for the variety of colors, at least for me, creates more to view. Very nicely done.

I enjoy trying ICM every now and then myself, and its good to see more of these popping up at NPN. I like them both Ola, but they have very different moods. To me the green one is more calm and relaxing, and the yellow one is is more energetic and stimulating . I think both work well, but my preference is for the more relaxed feeling of the green one. I think the firs tone is neat because it kind of looks like green flames…

Both of these are great and I hope to see more of your experiments in ICM, keep them coming.

Ola,
I have never had any luck on the couple of occasions I have tried ICM’s, but these make me want to try again sometime when the opportunity presents itself. I like these very much as each portrays a different mood for me. The first with the green grasses I find serene and calming while the second with the bold colors of the meadow is more frenetic and edgy. I am looking forward to the next ones.

@Diane_Miller, @Mario_Cornacchione, @Ed_Lowe, @Vanessa_Hill, @linda_mellor, @Ed_McGuirk and @Igor_Doncov thanks for your kind comments.

One more on its way!