ICM #5 (full series included )Tree trunks

Description:

Here is the final image in my ICM series. For convenience the outcome of the previous postings is posted below.

This image is taken during one of my midday walks in a park nearby where I live. The subject is a Y-shaped tree trunk with a broken branch at its center (see the image below), completely uninteresting for a normal shot but I identified it as an ICM candidate. To me the final image looks like a painted wood wall panel!

Not only is ICM a creative and artistic tool that is fun to apply, ICM could also give photo opportunities at situations and places lacking interest for photographing normal images.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any comments are welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No
f/22, 0.8 sec., ISO 100, 17 mm (34 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1, Olympus lens 17 mm (mft system)

#4 Fall trees

#3 Read leaf

#2 Sunlit grass in pond

#1 Birch trees in autumn meadow

Olga, my favorite is fall trees…it is is more unusual than the others and very dynamic. I especially like how the tree structure is maintained to just the right degree. Wonderful image to ponder.

I love this new addition! It is amazing how an uninteresting image can yield such wonderful colors and implied shapes.

1 Like

Olga, what a nice series. I especially like Fall Trees.

I like Tree Trunks too, it’s great to see the non ICM version to know what you used for your source/inspiration. I think the movement up and down, but slightly off straight up and down really helps to add a sense of movement. Nice work.

Ola, this has been a good series. I like the composition here, and the amount of motion blur feels right to me. The only thing I could offer is that I see a number of dust spots throughout the frame.

@Mario_Cornacchione, @David_Bostock, @Diane_Miller and @Craig_Moreau thanks for your kind comments.