Indian Sarus Crane giving unison call

Indian Saras Crane, the tallest flying bird in the world, pair for life. This was a nesting pair, you can partly see an egg too. Both the partners incubate the egg, so whenever there is change of duty, they give this unison call. Which can be heard over miles.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm lens; ISO 320; 1/800 sec. at F 8.

jagdeeprajputphotographie
2 Likes

Excellent environmental shot showing action and fine detail in the birds.

1 Like

What an incredible display! That fanned wing and those thrown back heads! It must have been amazing to witness. Crane calls give me goosebumps and I imagine this would be thrilling to hear. Great work!

1 Like

A beautiful image of this wonderful display, Jagdeep. The composition works very well and it is technically superb as always.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
You did a great job in framing this Cranes. My eye goes from left to right and fines a perfectly framed crane. Very nice work and thank you for this shot.
Peter

1 Like

A beautiful pose of such a beautiful bird. I love the wing position of the one on the right hand side. What can I say, I would have liked to be there to see it! The bokeh is a bit nervous but that is always difficult when shooting a distant subject (and especially so with a zoom lens that doesn’t have F/2.8 or F/4).

1 Like

Great catch Jagdeep - At first I thought that the wing tip of the crane on the right might be slightly over-exposed, but on furthe rreview, just right! Thanks for sharing

1 Like