Inside the Poppy

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken indoors with natural light from a backyard flower. I processed the single photo with LR, PS and Color Effex Pro. It is more heavily processed than I usually do, but I liked the dreamy look. Taken at 100mm macro lens, f/16, ISO 640, 1/6 sec, tripod.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
5 Likes

Kathy, I like the dreamy look as well as the variety and flow in orange/yellow colors. I can warm my cold hands on this. :grin:

This is gorgeous, Kathy. I did something like it a few years ago and this is much better. The depth of field is just perfect as is the angle you shot it at.

I think this is fantastic. Excellent sharpness where it counts, and great flow. Love the luminance variation throughout. Completely personal preference, but I wonder about whether there is any more “breathing room” to the right as may be obtained with a 2:3 crop? Agree with the “warming” description that @Mark_Seaver conveys.

Awesome image Kathy. Like the flow of the petals, the color palette is striking and the composition spot on. Great work!

It seems as if floating in the sunlight, Kathy, - a lovely, soft effect.

Your soft and elegant interpretation is splendid. All beautiful.

Hi Kathy,

Wonderful image. I like the elegant motion from lower left to upper right. Beautifully lit. l think the aspect ratio you chose is perfect for this image.

Don

Kathy: This is marvelous. I like your DOF choice and the color palette especially. Frame filling fantastic! :+1::+1:>=))>

It’s all been said. I like it, especially the “hand warming” colors!

Kathy

This is a gorgeous, dreamy flower portrait. The WP is well deserved!

Really nice image - congrats on the EP!
Sandu

The limited colors really allows the subtle shapes and textures take center stage. I like this a lot.

Congratulations on the Yearly Pick, Kathy!

Max