Into the Fog

This is another image from a couple of weeks ago when I had the chance to shoot in the fog in New Mexico. It doesn’t happen often, so I try to get out and take advantage of it when I can.

I chose to go B&W with this image. Just a simple hiking path that I walked.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus EM-1 Mark III
7-14mm f/2.8 @ 14mm
1/40, f/5.0, ISO 200

keithcbauer
3 Likes

I really am enjoying the mood and overall look of this one. B&W processing looks good, too. Real nice sense of mystery.

Fog is a photographer’s best friend, isn’t it? Nicely done here with the drama of the bright fog and the dark trees. I like what I think are vines on the trees. Adds a tiny bit of subtle texture there. I think there’s a bit too much of it in the grass for my taste, but that’s all it is.

Another great fog image Keith. I like your decision to use B&W here, making this all about luminosity and shapes really works well with scene. The glow in the fog is really accentuated by the dark trees. And I think the highlights in the grass and on the path itself are wonderful, my guess is that look much in B&W than they would in color. My only suggestion would be a slight crop from the bottom, perhaps just below the bright rock in the LLC. But that’s a subjective thing, overall this image works very well for me, it has a very dramatic mood.

Wonderful light and mood, with the vertical wide angle composition inviting me down the path.

Good image. It’s rare to find an image where fog is used to make it pretty. This image has character.

This has an air of mystery to it, but at the same time I find it very inviting as the path draws me into the scene, Keith. The B&W processing is superb and I love the tones and luminosity throughout the image. You certainly made the most of your chance to shoot in the fog. No suggestions from me.

1 Like