Into The Mountains

It had asked for his favorite spot, but his favorite spot was not a place on a map. It was not somewhere you could point to and say “there it is…right there.” It was a feeling. It was arriving at a new destination for the first time, it was standing alone on a rocky outcropping, it was wading a river in a wide valley. It was traveling down a two-lane highway on the way to adventure. It was when the air was filled with pine, or sage brush, or salty air from the coast.

He was sure his favorite spot was the same as the others…anywhere they can let go in the natural world, and document their discoveries.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any feedback welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No.
Panasonic G9 Leica DG 12-60 12mm
ISO 400 F6.3 1/500

@JohnCRudySearcher

John, this is a fine “classic” view with the long double yellow line leading into the good looking mountains. The full size view isn’t here, which limited the viewer’s ability to see details. This has happened with some regularity recently. When you post, if you take the time and wait for the arrow pointer to turn into a finger pointer, then you know the the software has completed the upload. The small view (seen here) and the thumb are created quickly by the NPN software. The easiest way to fix this is to select edit for your post (the pencil icon), find and delete the text that starts with ![Title|“bunch of letters and numbers”.jpeg) and use the “Add Image” button to reload.

I agree with Mark that this is a classic view and one that really tugs at the drive to explore. Mountains are glorious…alas I now live away from them, but can always travel. You could ease up on the blacks here…I feel the shadows are a little deep and contrasty, but overall an inviting image.

Oh and it’s about time another G9 shooter showed up!

Hi Kris! Thanks so much for the comments and feedback. Good observation on the black shadows; part of me likes those deep shadows as sometimes you see a thick forest so dense with no light penetrating and I try to document and convey that. But I think I’ll try a re-edit and compare!

G9 shooters - small but mighty!