Ipheion or Spring Starflower

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? This flower lies in a bed of them surrounding a tree trunk. They cluster like the stars in a constellation. I’ve found them impossible to cram. The challenge was to isolate a flower whilst setting it amongst the others - but without their distracting from the main one. Does this shot work ?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 152, 1/1000 @ f5.6, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

It is a nice image, maybe I would slightly crop at the bottom to reduce the white spot on the lower left… On the upper left, the OOF white flowers can slightly disturb the view of the main subject…

Sure works for ME!
Perhaps a little more room at the top ans less at the bottom would be even better.
Beautiful flower and excellent work. :clap: :+1:

Ian: Fine comp and excellent POF/DOF choice. :+1::clap::+1:>=))>

This works for me, Ian. the inclusion of the other flowers in nice soft focus below and behind it works nicely, without distracting me. I do find myself wishing for a bit more room on the top and perhaps just a touch less on the right. A lovely image.