Iris

Placed white background behind subject.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5dIII, 180 mm macro lens, f 8, 1/400 sec and iso 500

Lovely looking flower John. Placement in frame looks good and sharpness and detail as well. The white bg appears to have a bluish tint as does the green stem so i am wondering if there is a blue color cast to the photo. It could also be me.
Well done.

Very nice. Simple, sharp, good placement.

As noted, there’s a blue tint on my screen. You might want to adjust that and pull the white slider to the right if you’re using Lightroom. Click on the triangle on the upper right of the histogram and see if you can get the background to go red - blown out highlights - without losing anything in the flower. It’s a delicate balance, but if it’s pure white, you’re looking for that the way to go.

I am, we are, looking forward to more of your work.

Namaste

Thanks David, Not sure but I did use a white background.

Good suggestion Paul, I will try that.

Thanks to all, reworked in Photoshop by masking the flower and painting white background.

@johnwayne The repost with the white background is much better. Your technique made the background white, but left any color cast in the flower. Clearly there was a cyan/blue cast.

Here’s a version with a a much simpler solution. I added a levels adjustment layer, selected the white eye dropper and clicked in the white background. That corrected all of the color with one click.

5 Likes

Thanks Keith, I’ll try your technique.

1 Like

Thanks for this tip Keith!

1 Like

Hi John I am very glad to see your flowers again. It seems one of those blue that does’nt want to put it right. There are infrared rays. Sometimes the solution can be found changing the WB; may be.

1 Like

Thanks Giuseppe, Had not thought about changing the white balance. Appreciate your comment.
Wayne

1 Like

Wayne: Keith already provided the simplest fix and with it this is a marvelous portrait. Well done. >=))>

1 Like