Is that for me

Description:Pair of Blue-cheeked Bee-eaters

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D850
Nikon 200-500 - ISO 640 - 1/2000 f8
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

2 Likes

Gorgeous…almost looks like a fine painting… :+1:

1 Like

I second Paul’s idea - this reminds me of an Audubon pose although with a vastly simplified background. Gorgeous. The left seems a little empty though…

1 Like

Wow – you caught the decisive moment for that top one. The feet are caught so well. Wonderful color and detail, set off so well by the subtle BG. I also have the feeling that not enough is happening in the negative space on the left to justify it.

1 Like

Wonderful timing Avi, and welcome back! I love the single stem and two Bee Eaters, but I agree that there’s a bit more empty space on the left than needed. The poses are just perfect.

1 Like

Thank you all for your excellent feedback .Here is the image with a slightly different crop according to your suggestions.
I have to agree much better

1 Like

Hi Avi
The looks like the cover of Field & Stream. The color, detail and action are great. I like the open framing, it is nice to let the photo breathe.
Peter