Jack-in-the-pulpit

It is hard to find an isolated one in the wooded areas as the floor is busy with vegetation. these are especially hard as the flower is wedged between the two long stems bearing leaves. After looking at hundreds of them, I found this one with a side view that was unobstructed. I used a large aperture to minimize the distracting elements in the background and did a focus stack of 8 images.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/4, 1/100, ISO 800
Canon DPP4 for RAW conversion, 8 images stacked in Zerene Stacker, PSCC. A small leaf hanging from a spider web on left upper corner and the stem at right lower corner removed. Topaz Denoise on the background and minimal sharpening denoise on the flower.

Ravi: Marvelous portrait and a fine stack. Good job on a tough subject. Well done. >=))>

Agreed - thanks for sticking it out and finding a loner. I just did a stack of a pair of these and know how hard it is to battle the undergrowth. Bravo! The water droplets are a nice touch.

An interesting looking plant and you got a really good angle on it. The 8 photo stack gets lots of detail through the plant. Nice.

I would really be tempted to use Fill/Content Aware to remove the leaf stem. Otherwise, a very successful image of a difficult subject.

Patricia, I thought about removing the stem, but the flower is never seen without the two stems on either side of it. I cropped off a small stem on the right lower corner, but decided to leave the other alone just to give a sense of its wholeness. I appreciate your suggestion.

When I have found these, there is always lots of green around them. You’ve captured this very realistically, and I agree about leaving in the stem. Super shot, Ravi,

A great composition! I like it very much. Very well found and executed!