Japanese Spring

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/160 @ f8, ISO 320.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A shot from a year ago of a Japanese garden in an old English country estate. The garden was created in the early twentieth century by Japanese gardeners with a range of traditional features. Vignette added.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ian, this is a lovely spring look at this garden. That red maple(?) on the right complements the various greens very well.

This is lovely, Ian. As @Mark_Seaver already mentioned the red of the maple compliments the spring greens beautifully. This has a nice peaceful mood that is very inviting. Looks like a great place to spend the day. I hope you were able to create some additional comps from this wonderful looking location.

This is a very inviting image, Ian. We can’t get out to such places today, so it is nice to have you take us there. For me, the major element is the path through the water and beyond, so I burned a range of other areas, to invite attention to the path. Also figured I could do with a little less grass, so cropped the bottom a little.

Thanks so much, @Dick_Knudson , for taking the trouble to comment and rework. Strangely, I originally titled this ` Stepping Stones ’ and had less grass in the fg. myself. What persuaded me to reduce the effect of the stones was the thought that all elements in this kind of garden are meant to have pretty much equal weight, so I set the features back a bit. I like your version, and reckon either works, each in a different way.