Jurassic Rocks - WC #884

I have to admit I do not know if this formation has a formal name but decided upon this one from the oddities here. A variety of shapes, sizes, angles, including the large oval egg like one in the view of mostly composite granite formations.
I’d photographed this area in the past and was not pleased until one trip finally provided this image here.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 37mm - Velvia 50.

1 Like

Excellent tonal qualities and detail. The warm light and shadows contrasting with the shapes and textures push this to the top.

1 Like

Fantastic soft light enhances all these interesting shapes. It’s wonderful that you persisted in your efforts to get a good shot of these rocks…that’s the beauty of really knowing a place well. Bravo!

1 Like

Extraordinary assemblage of forms, Paul, photographed beautifully with the lights and darks moulding the rocks nicely. I like especially that you’ve included the more distant pointed shapes to the L- the added depth brings even more to the scene.

1 Like

This is gorgeous, Paul. I always have enjoyed the warm and cool tones that you captured with Velvia while photographing in JTNP. This has a wonderful array of shapes and the light on the taller formation is exquisite. your persistence paid off with a beautiful scene. The FG egg shaped rock looks like some of the glacial erratics that can be found in Acadia.

1 Like

Gorgeous forms and the perfect light to bring them out, Paul. A beautiful image.

1 Like

Paul, gorgeous is an understatement. This is beautifully composed. That spherical rock in the foreground is almost like lego piece waiting to be plugged into that open cavity on the taller rock. If there is any nit, I would consider lowering the magenta saturation on some of the spots in the image. Congratulations on this beautiful image.

1 Like

Paul: Wonderful light, shapes and textures. I especially like the little tufts of vegetation peeking out of the rock. I’m nostalgic for Velvia and the challenge and reward it offered. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

Paul, this is an outstanding mix of rock shapes. The textural changes across the skyline are neat and that rounded boulder in the foreground is very nicely different. As usual with your shots, the lighting is special.

1 Like

I love the colors and formations, Paul. It’s nice that you included that Jurassic bowling ball too :wink:

1 Like

Shows great images can be had without blazing skies and dramatic lighting. The nice glow on the rocks is exquisite.:vulcan_salute:

1 Like