Juvenile Turkey Vulture

On a bike ride the other day I was so excited to see about 12 turkey vultures right on the edge of a farm field waiting in line for a piece of venison. Unfortunately the farmer came and disturbed them. But I went the next day and got to watch them for quite a while. And there was this juvenile who was so cute! He would fly around and come low to see what I was and what I was doing! It was also neat watching him learning and being taught table etiquette!

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried giving it a slight vignette, wanting to make it a little artistic looking, darkened the sky a bit. Anything else…

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm, f/8 1/1000, ISO 800
Did a slight crop as he was partially out of the frame anyway, but I thought his eye and face turned out so well, I wanted to emphasize it.

apani.hill

I like the diagonal composition and the light on the face, Vanessa. Ideally, I think I would have preferred the face toward the upper right rather than the lower left, but this still works.

1 Like

Nice catch – checking you out, for sure.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank & @Diane_Miller for looking. I took the picture horizontally and pretty much just changed it to vertical. I’m glad you like it,