Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands

Part of a portfolio from several spring visits to Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam.

Specific Feedback Requested

Compositional and color comments welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Wow, what colors. Graphic arrangement. The bounty!

Are those tulips in the FG, Paul? IMHO there’s a bit too much blue here. I’d try a pano crop by taking out some of the Muscari from the top, just to get a better balance of the 3 colours. A very primary shot !

Thank you, Kris. Keukenhof is a marvelous place to visit in the spring. Unfortunately, it’s getting more and more attention and can be pretty crowded at times. Getting there as early as possible, or on a rainy day, is very agreeable. We visited a tulip garden near Brussels a couple of years ago. It was very nice but didn’t come up to the level of Keukenhof

Mike, Good point. I’m red/green color blind, but blue is intense for me. I guess I often overplay blues in an image. I was playing around with a more panoramic crop, and it does indeed look more balanced.

The foreground is tulips; a variety with an abundance of petals. They almost look like peonies.

Thanks to both of you for the comments.

Namaste

A great color explosion! Your presentation is very good. Keukenhof during spring has been on my travel list for a long period of time, I have to go there!

1 Like

@Ola_Jovall, you’re right next door. You have to visit. Get a place to stay in Lisse and you can easily bike. Go early to avoid the tour busses.

And post your photos. I’m sure they will be great.

Namaste

1 Like

Paul: Images like this are dangerous fare for a color junkie like me! Pops right off the page. Makes me want to go there. >=))>

1 Like