Lady Anhinga

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/1500 sec @ f/8, ISO 800, Canon EF70-200 lens at 200mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I like the way you included the environment in this shot. You have nice detail on the bird. Excellent.

Great framing, Doug. I love the composition. Depth of field is just about perfect and the focal point is right where it needs to be.

Absolutely lovely setting ! It took me some seconds to figure out how exactly the situation was, though :wink: … Pose of the Anhinga helps as well to make this a wonderful shot. Well seen and executed. Cheers, Hans

A terrific image - I love it! Excellent composition and wonderful setting.

I love this photo, Doug! Everything works in this, including the centered composition. The textured background of mosses is a perfect setting for a bird with lots of interesting textures. The branch extending into the scene and providing the perch really adds to the 3-D effect. The large version is especially nice because it provides a strong sense of presence. Very nice!!

Thank you all for your comments! And Happy Easter to all.