Lady slipper

What technical feedback would you like if any?

This is a fairly common plant, seen in many yards in Arizona. Just now flowering. It is about 1.5" in length and has this clear bubble of nectar or sap on top. Vey attractive ti insects and bees. It only lasts a few days. I stacked 10 photos to get the detail. If you magnify the nectar bubble, you can see th Agave and two Saguaros.,as well as my neighbors house. Upside down of course.
Had no idea until I processed it.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D ll, Canon 85mm, 2.8f, 12mm extension tube, f/14, 1/100sec, ISO 100.
LR CC and stacked in PS.
All comments welcomed.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

It looks like an alien! Cool looking plant nicely photographed.

Charlie, this is a really neat plant, and I just love the bubble with the refraction in it. Amazingly sharp, with so much detail even in the bubble. The oof BG makes the subject stand out nicely. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks. Didn’t expect the bubble to be so clear. Overall, not a very pretty plant but, it’s in the front yard.

1 Like

This is quite the plant! I agree that it looks very alien, especially with that sap globe for an eye. Your stack looks very good and the plant stands out well from the background. Nicely done.