Lake Agnes Sunsets

What technical feedback would you like if any?

The feedback I’m most interested in is regarding colors. Is not a spectacular sunset but I really like the simplicity of the of the sky as I think it just acts as a rest area for the eyes as you go through the rest of the image.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

This image is composed of 8 vertical shots at 23 mm. It’s almost a 180º pano. Global edits in LR and selective edits in PS, mostly contrast and dodging and burning.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This looks quite good to my eye. Colors look spot on. This one really needs to be viewed large to be appreciated. The composition really works well at the large size, as it puts me quite nicely into the scene. Very well done, Jose.

1 Like

Hey @Jose_A_Feliciano.
Its, no doubt, a great landscape image either on scene and location. I like how the lines of the mountains guide the eyes to the center lake.
I would clone out those lonely clouds, other then that nothing to point out.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers.

1 Like

Jose, I like the colors as presented and the sky does offer a nice resting place as you described! I agree with @João_Ferrão and would clone out those tiny clouds.
This a wonderful pano scene!

1 Like

@João_Ferrão @Alan_Kreyger ha! I didn’t even saw those small clouds. That’s why I like to show my images to other people.

@Harley_Goldman thanks! This place is really wonderful and it was fun to scramble up that scree.

A jewel fallen into the lap of the land. This is a nice pano, and the processing looks right on. I bet climbing up that talus pile was a load fun.
-P

1 Like

Thanks @Preston_Birdwell it was fun indeed.

Jose,

This is a wonderful high mountain panoramic. You did an excellent job with the capture, crafting and processing of this image. The colors are quite real and natural to my eye, if not a little understated.

I’m guessing this is just after the sun went down? I really like the light on the peaks to the right and was wondering if you could exploit that a little more? Of course if there’s no direct sunlight, then really you’re presented this quite beautifully as is.

For the tiny clouds, they look like specs in the original post view, but I kinda like them in the larger view - they show much better and as small as they are, I think are a nice addition to an otherwise bald sky (but beautifully rendered.)

Enjoying this quite a lot.

Lon