Critique Style Requested: Standard
The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.
Attracted by the mounds and linear spiders of the poplars at lakes edge
300mm f/11 1/25 sec iso 100
that is a really beautiful scene. This looks really like spring with all the flowering bushes in the foreground. And I love how the light trees stand out against the background.
In my opinion, your image could benefit from a different crop. The lower edge of the image distracts my eye a bit from the beautiful scene.
I took the liberty and downloaded your image and trying different things. Here is my result:
All adjustments were made in ACR:
- I cropped a bit from the bottom edge to get rid of the dark parts below the bushes.
- You had some space in your histogram, so I brightened the image and added a little bit of contrast.
- I brightened up the dark patch at the upper edge of the image with a Brush Mask
- I adjusted the green HSL values in the Color Mixer (hue: -20, saturation: -28, luminance: -16).
With steps 3 and 4 I tried to make the green dark area at the top of the image a little less prominent.
- I added some saturation in the Color Mixer (yellow: +4, oranges: +14) to let the nice flowering bushes pop a little bit more
Of course, this is just a suggestion. Your picture is also great the way it is. I could spend hours shooting scenes like that.
Beautiful work. I like the gentle style.
Thank you @Jens_Ober @Igor_Doncov for your comments. Jens I do like the edits except the crop. I think the original lends some depth to the image.