Lake Sunset

What technical feedback would you like if any?

How’s the colour look in the image and does the light direct your eye from the foreground waves up and through to the sun?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

if you’ve got suggestions go for it :slight_smile:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
two images, one lighter for the sky, one darker for the foreground and blend in photoshop with dodge burning and camera raw

1 Like

Colors and composition work for me! I like the sun right in the middle here, the light on the water in the foreground is great, and not overexposed which is often so tricky on water! The rocks add interest to the water, but I would try to clone out the smallest one that is lowest in the frame? The bigger two in the mg cooperate nicely with the shape of the fg wave, they make a sweeping line to the light. The sky has some dust spots.

1 Like

Dale,
The blend looks good as does the color in this oceanscape IMO. The warm light on the incoming waves is quite beautiful and takes me nicely into the scene towards the sun on the horizon. Your SS choice works beautifully and has created some nice textures in the waves; particularly the one in the FG. My only suggestion is a quick fix with the cloning of a couple of dust spots; one in the sky along with one just below the FG wave. Great image!

Excellent job handling the high dynamic range. The colors look good to me and the light on the water does lead me into the scene.

My first thought when I saw the thumbnail was “holy moly”! Then I clicked through and was not disappointed. Stunning image.

I think the colors work well and nice job on the blend. My only suggestion is a repeat, to clone out the few dust spots.

Well done!

Holy Moly indeed, the light and and color in this image are spectacular :+1: :+1:

The colors here look great, and are very natural looking. You kept the yellows and oranges vibrant, but not over-saturated or blown out. Processing strong yellow/orange can be very tricky, but you have done a great job here. The yellow light reflecting in the water does direct the eye effectively. But I think the highlights in the waves are equally as important in directing the viewers eye, I love how those waves look. To me it’s the backlit waves that elevate this image to another level. No nits from me, this is a great image.

Fantastic image! I love the path for my eye the sunlight makes, taking through this breathtaking scene! Well Done Dale!!!