Late afternoon seascape at Bermagui, Australia

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Looking for feedback mostly on the levels of contrast, brightness / darkness of particular areas, colour tones, saturation, etc.
I am going for a very fresh, crisp late afternoon light look, as opposed to saturating the levels and shifting towards magenta to give more of a sunset look, which I would prefer to avoid in this shot. As such I am hoping for critique to help in this artistic direction.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Two exposures, one main frame plus a darker frame for the bright glow blended in for detail.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.!

#ig ig @benjamin.maze

I’m sorry you’re having trouble posting an image, please take a look at this post: How to post a photo

If you still have problems please send me a message and I would be happy to help.

Anytime you forget to add something to a post you can simply edit your original post. At the bottom of your post look for the pencil icon, just click this to edit the post.

Benjamin, I think this is a fine image. I am with you about the crisper image without the sunset burn. I think the processing is overall very nice and you have blended the glow really nicely. Exposure blending with this kind of scene must be challenging. My thinking is that the foreground could be burned a little more to give it a stronger “grounding”. Something to counteract the big stack.

I think you’ve met your goals nicely; this is a great image. Nice job on getting blurred water motion with such a bright scene. My only nit would be a bit more detail in those brightest clouds.

Nice light in this scene and the exposure blend looks good! I like the details in the rock and of course the splash and wave movement. Colors look good. Contrast overall too, I would try playing with vignetting, especially in the fg, that doesn’t receive direct light. I agree with @John_Williams on a bit more details in the bright clouds.