Lily After the Rain

Image Description

I went outside after the rain to refill the bird feeder and I noticed the wonder display of raindrops on the fresh Lily leaves and I liked what I saw. I think I captured it about like I saw it.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The way the water drops lay fresh on the fresh lily leaves to me was refreshing.

Technical Details

I shot this with my Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100mm f2.8 L macro lens with the KX-800 twin flash and homemade diffuser, manual settings at f11, 1/200, ISO 100 and flash power at 1/4.

2 Likes

This is beautiful, Shirley! I just love the patterns of the leaves and the raindrops. They really compliment each other. It’s almost like it was deliberately arranged. Nicely captured!

1 Like

Beautiful Image !!! The water drops are really sharp. Ive always found that hard to do… Great lines and great shades of green …

1 Like

Gorgeous!! I love the radial pattern and the way the top is darker than the bottom – wonderful lighting!! No suggestions!!

1 Like

Oh what a treat for the eyes! So much to explore and while doing so it became clear just how deep the formation is here. It appears that your primary point of focus is the center and that is deeper than many of the surrounding leaves so only some of those, the ones farther back, are crisp. It’s an interesting effect. So fresh and inviting. Just the dollop of green my eyes needed.

1 Like

Shirley, the strong symmetry of the leaves and the multitude of water drops make a great visual statement. I like your slightly off center placement.

1 Like