Little Cascade

This is another from Sonora Pass, further upstream from my last post. This is Eva Falls.

D810, 70-200

Nicely framed waterfall intimate, Harley. Haven’t seen the color version but B/W works great for the subject matter. Without flatting out the contrast I suggest you gently burn down the brightness a bit on the rock in the upper right and the water highlights in the lower left to help direct the eye toward the central cascade.

This is a fine little cascade, Harley. I played with a couple of crops, both from the left and right, but your frame as presented works best. I do agree with Dave’s comments, but I have to say the detail in the brighter granite and the water on the left come across better in the large version. The tones in this are very nice, and have good separation.
Nice job, here.
-P

The larger version is a definite must see Harley. I think the bright URC and darker LLC balance each other. Wonderful detail.

I think at some point I need to visit this Eva Falls. After seeing so many great images from you and @Lon_Overacker of this waterfall, I think I need to see it in person. Just gorgeous, Harley. The dark and bright rocks on top of the Falls make a nice yin and yang pair. I would only darken the very URC a tad to address what Dave mentioned above. Your choice of shutter speed, the turbulent water on the LLC, and the left to right flow of the “creek” are perfect.

Harley,

I like the intimate capture here and the bold nature of the graphics, shapes and contrasts of the granite. While I think it’s nicely captured, it’s not completely grabbing me. There’s a yin-yang of light and dark between the two sides with the dark areas grabbing attention. It’s not that I need to see detail (easy to tell with the dark crevices, etc., it’s pretty darn dark in those areas, but they garner some attention because there are quite a few areas that are just black.

I was going to suggest a square crop which might even showcase the rock even more as well as the little cascade. That square crop reduces some darkness and brightness on the right. A matter of taste of course, but I would burn the brights on the right and do a little dodging on the left. YMMV of course.

Lon

To me, this image is not about the small falls at all. Honestly, as fine as the falls are captured and processed, they’re almost unneeded for the image. Of course, not everyone will see it that way, but I love the rocks and gritty texture they have, particularly on the right side. I would kinda like to see the shadows opened up just a bit, but otherwise this is really sweet.

I don’t know how I missed this. I really like the composition and once I downloaded this and saw it on a white background the granite texture sprang to life. I had trouble with all that bright white in the llc. Burning it in didn’t work because there’s still white in the corner. So I cropped it out.