Log Landing

Same Arctic Tern and same driftwood log as my last post. This one was almost an hour later and the sun had poked through the clouds to provide a little warmer light. The tern had pretty much claimed this perch and would occasionally leave but kept returning throughout the time I was there.

Sony a6500, FE200600G @ 600 mm, ISO-250, f/6.3, 1/4000, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Great perch, Gary, and I love the pose you caught. Excellent image.

Wonderful images, i.m.o. the better of the two. Love the pose, the wood and the color of the rocks in de BG. Cheers, Hans

Lovely pose and I really like the perch. Focus and exposure is spot on. I just wish the head of the tern was not back stopped by the dark shadow but by the brighter bg rock or log. I think the head would have stood out even more.

Incredible 3-D effect! Beautifully blurred background and sharp subject. This may just be a personal thing, but when I look at the image, I feel like it’s tipping to the left. That it feels unbalanced. I also find the branch on the right draws my eye over there, when it should stay on the bird. This is a wonderful capture. I admire anyone who can do bird photography.

Superb job on the depth of field and the 3D effect. I am enjoying the wing position and the perch considerably. There is a tad bit of a blue cast on the plumage but nothing serious.