Lotsa Cirrus

Nothing overly remarkable here. This was a mid-morning shot. Stepped outside and was impressed by the clouds so I decided to take a picture. I did try black and white for processing, but just couldn’t make it work, so went back to color. If you have any thoughts or reactions, please feel free to leave a comment.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: One thing I tried that I found useful was to add grain to the image in the mountains which definitely helped their detail. It’s a bit counter intuitive, but seems to work.

This seems to be inline with some of your recent images from the desert, Tony. The clouds are beautiful and I think it’s a good contrast to the “softness” of the clouds. I would probably consider burning the foothill about 1/3 of the way from the left and just right of the center line. It seems that those are unnecessarily bright for something at the edge of the frame.

I think u should try again in B&W. This is how I see it

I’m kind of with @Adhika_Lie on burning the outer hills, crop down to the top of the longer cloud going from cener left to top left and a bit of a vignette on the clouds.

I had not considered a tint. Great idea, @svetlana . I do think monochrome deserves a second look. And possibly with a little more burning in the outer hills. Thank you.

Tony, I think this is about the sky and the composition.

The mountains anchor the image nicely. To address @Adhika_Lie’s point about burning the foreground, I dragged an ND filter over it at about -.40. Nice image.