Lowland Reflections

This is an oldie from 2011 on a plantation in South Carolina. It stuck with me as I was reviewing some old images.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D80, 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 lens at 56mm, f16, ISO 200

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

As I saw the image on screen, I noticed a hot highlight spot in the tree at left that I toned down.
Thanks.

1 Like

This image has a very calm and gentle feeling to it. The soft, overcast light brings out the interesting colors and textures in the scene. I also love the hanging Spanish Moss, its a lot of interest in the image. I like your processing here, the WB is warm, but not overly so. My only nit is the horizon of the near shoreline. I would either like to see more of the grass below, or see the shoreline completely eliminated via a crop. As presented, the shoreline feels too cramped to me.

Thanks for your response, Ed. I appreciate your affirmation on the image. I took it a long time ago.
Perhaps now, I would have included more in the foreground.