Luminous Bouquet

Unfortunately, I didn’t get much of an opportunity to photograph during one of the better wildflower seasons, but I did make it up to Rocky Mtn NP to shoot the showy Old Man on the Mountain. These flowers really amaze me on their ability to thrive on the harsh alpine tundra. This particular evening had some spectacular light at sunset after a thunderstorm rolled through. The glow was really intense, which I tried to display in this image. I also felt the “bouquet” arrangement was interesting as well. Hope this bouquet brightens your day!
Ken

What technical feedback would you like if any? Open to any suggestions. I did try an extreme crop which looked pretty good, but I wanted to post this version first.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Although I generally don’t center my images, I thought it may work for this bouquet. Curious what others think?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

To get the flowers and petals in focus, I stacked 7 images.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ken,

I’m really enjoying the warmth here AND the “bouquet” arrangement of these hearty flowers. I think the centered comp works well too and I would be interested in an even tighter crop. I think that’s what you’re eluding to.

Processing, colors look great. I’m wondering if an uptick in luminosity might work; although honestly it’s probably based on the smaller flower LR that’s in the shadow of the other making it a little darker.

I’d say fill the frame with a square crop leaving enough room around the edges for comfort.

Lon

Thanks for taking the time to post a critique, Lon! Yea, I’ll post a tight crop in the near future for comparison.
Cheers!

Ken: I like Lon’s crop suggestion but I do like getting a look at the surrounding tundra. The flowers themselves are in great shape and the light really brings out the texture of the centers. A nicde find and a superb capture.>=))>