Male Dickcissel

Another shot of a male dickcissel singing for a mate.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm C, monopod
ISO 640, f8, 1/400s

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

I really like this. Love the perch, the BG, and the singing pose. But the fanned tail and the light make it for me. My only suggestion is that I’d try a version with more of a 16x9 crop.

Allen, another fine look at this beautiful bird. I too love the fanned tail and the lighting, but also catching him in the midst of a song is a nice bonus as well.

Outstanding image with some action. Light and colors are really pleasing. Detail is superb. I like the pose and the composition. Not much I would consider changing here.

Allen: have to love the pose and the fanned tail in particular. Very nicely done with all of the bird and all of its perch in sharp focus. It’s a wall hanger. Richard

A beautiful image, with a great pose and perch, Allen. Detail is superb throughout.

HI Allen
Nice coloring, staging and detail. The singing and tail flare put in over the top. Nice work.
Peter