Marquette Harbor Light III

Description:

I think this is the third one in this series, but who’s counting? I’ve been sitting on it a while because it had issues that I didn’t know how to solve or even if I could. It’s a single RAW file that’s been stepped on and processed through a lot of software for many reasons and I’m interested in thoughts about whether I should have even bothered considering the others I have of this cute little light house.

I pulled it out of the trash because to me it tells more of a local story. When we all got to this beach, people were already there with chairs and coffee, ready to enjoy what was a terrific sunrise. I was surprised at this, but it happens every day as I found out by chatting with a woman who does just that - starts her day on the beach. I left in a couple of folks in chairs, but removed a strolling person who just got in the way.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any thoughts, impressions or ideas for improvement are fine. I left it deliberately moodier than the others - the mid-tones aren’t lifted and the whites aren’t pulled up much at all. Does that help or hinder?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Tripod and possibly a polarizer, but I might have taken it off. Can’t recall.

All the basic processing stuff in Lr including a crop, lens correction, white balance, color management, clarity & texture. Then into Topaz DeNoise to save the sky. Photoshop to remove the walking person and to get rid of about a million dust spots because my lens was dirty.

Is this a composite?
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Looks like this one wouldn’t load properly during our glitchy period. I edited and it seemed to right itself.

@Kris_Smith, I still can’t see your images…

Is it ok now? Have uploaded a new file.

1 Like

Yep.

Nice, relaxing scene. I’d like to be there right now.

1 Like

Thanks, @David_Bostock - I would like to be, too, in some ways. The UP is surprisingly New England-y in some respects and having grown up an hour from the ocean and working on an island in Maine for a while I miss it terribly. Hopefully will get to it when I head back to NH this September.