Marsh Wren - 2

Thank you all for your feedback on my previous wren image. Here’s another image of the same wren singing. The OOF spots are midges that became active from rain the previous day. There were clouds of these everywhere.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any/all. I placed the wren on the top half and slightly to the left of the frame. Interested to know if it looks OK. Also would like to know your thought on the OOF bugs - I can see them as somewhat distracting, but I liked them as it added an uniqueness to this scene.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
840mm, 1/2500s@F9, ISO500, full-frame processed for the web. Cloned out couple of OOF bugs I thought were distracting.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

This is a great setting. I love the perch, the midges, and the singing bird. For me, the OOF midges are obviously bugs, so it looks like you caught this guy in its hunting ground. I also like the comp. My only two suggestions are that I wish for a little more room on the right, and I think the bird needs more sharpening.

These birds are hard to get out in the open and you did very well. A touch of sharpening on the head before printing is all that the image needs. I thought the midges were sensor dust bunnies, but leave them in as they are part of the story. Well done…Jim.

I like the vertical and soft bg colors. Good for you to get the wren out in the open in a nice pose. The midges are fine. I just wish there was a bit more room on the right side but that is a personal choice. You really handled some bright light well.

Really fine environmental image. I’m enjoying the bugs and the pose. These Marsh Wrens are extremely difficult to find much less photograph.