Marsh Wren-3

Hope you are in the mood for another singing wren image. I have noticed with this species that they often shut their eyes during singing, perhaps an indication on how much effort they put into it.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any/all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any/all. I am interested in your views on the composition here. I have some images of him singing with his eyes open in the same scene, but liked this particular image for his expression with the eyes closed. I would like to know what you think.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
840mm, 1/640s@F9, ISO500, Tripod. Full-frame. Cloned out an oof bug.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A beautiful shot, Govind. I’ve noticed the same thing-when they’re at maximum intensity they usually have their eyes shut. Some people don’t seem to like it, but I think it adds to the image.

Nice one ! A rather small bird, but making itself big here. Love the closed eye. Nice mood. Cheers, Hans

As with your previous shot of this wren, the bird has wonderful light, detail, color, pose, and environment. Well seen.

Love the delicate perch, the light, and the singing pose. I generally like when a bird closes its eye when singing, but in this one, I think I’d like to see the eye. Or perhaps it’s that it’s not immediately obvious that the eye is closed.