Mating swallowtails

Exposure OK,

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Overall composition

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon EOS RP. Cannon RF 24-240mm @ 240mm
1/1000 @ F-7.1 ISO 400, a slight breeze, was shooting hand held so used the higher shutter speed.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John, I don’t think I have ever seen BF’s mating. The exposure looks good to me. I wish the eye of the BF below was sharper, but I am sure with the breeze going, it wasn’t easy.

Hi John, nice find and capture. Looks like they were trying to do their business secluded behind the grass - kind of adds to the story of this image. I think you did well with the sharpness of the butterflies even though the top one seems a tad sharper. Interesting image well done.

John, a good take on this pair. Having them slightly hidden adds an interesting element. Overall, the sharpness looks good. The greens seem a bit too strong to me.

John: I guess even butterflies seek a little privacy when mating :wink:. Really nice find and a solid capture. Most excellent. >=))>

Thank you for your kind comments.