Michigan nights

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is another image from 3/23/23. The panorama I posted for last weeks challenge was taken the same night. Not often we get such a light show that there are opportunities for so many different types of photos. This is a self
Portrait with a 10 second timer. I took a few without the light as well, but I really like the complimentary colors of the red with the green of the aurora.

Specific Feedback

Any and all.

Technical Details

Sony a7ii 20mm f1.8 4sec ISO1600. Edited in Lightroom

2 Likes

Cool – a high-end selfie! The reds really work with the yellows and greens.

1 Like

Is this at Black rock? I think it’s called that. Sunset point, maybe? I swear I’ve been in that cove. Really striking and dramatic. Like an alien ship is going to grab you and lift you up into it. Hopefully not! Great look at the aurora, too. The way the trees frame you and it works nicely as do the contrasting colors.

1 Like

I stopped to take another look! It really is an eye catcher!!! The opposite of the greens and reds catch your eyes focus in a frenzy forcing you to capture an extraordinary visual experience. I like it!!!

Have just noticed this. It’s haunting - very cinematic. I’m wondering how the reds were created.

1 Like

Thanks Kristen. You nailed it. Sunset point and Blackrocks are close neighbors on Presque Isle. If you’ve been out t

Thank you Diane!

Hi Mike! Thank you. I light painted with my headlamp.

1 Like

Thanks Norma!