Misty Dawn, Yosemite Valley

Yosemite Valley

On Fall mornings, there are often mists that rise from the meadows as the night frost melts off. This was one of those mornings when the mist was nicely layered.

The original exposure was underexposed, so I made ample use of TK’s masks, including TK’s Saturation Painting to bring up the elements. I reworked the saturation recently.

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor 18-140mm
F16 @1/2s, ISO 320.
November 2014
-P

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
5 Likes

Preston, this scene would not have the same impact IMO without those wonderful stark or barren trees in the view. They really compliment the misty meadow look and feel overall…:sunglasses:

Looks familiar and rather nice.

For me the little scattering of yellow leaves at the top of the 5 bare trees really make this image. Wow. One more little breeze and they’re gone. Winter is just around the corner.

Absolutely enjoying this image. The ground fog and foreground bushes take it to the next level for me. Really nice!

Preston,

One of the best take aways from our many stops at Leidig meadow. You and Mr. H. are usually way out there taking advantage of the rising mist in the meadow, while I’m stuck back in the weeds… :wink:

Love this image.

This is flat out gorgeous, Preston. The atmospherics with the fog are superb as is the color palette, but what I find really striking are the bare trees with just a few yellow leaves still hanging on. Beautifully done.