Mont-Tremblant

Hi, I drove to Mont Tremblant early this fall hoping for a morning fog and nice fall colours. I definitely got great autumn colours and a bit of haze in the background. I was about 10-12 km from Mont Tremblant and used a long lens to make this pano.

I appreciate any feedback (technical, artistic, post processing) you may have. Thanks!

Great color you’ve got there and nice stitching on the pano. I feel the FG trees on the right are a little cut off IMHO.

1 Like

Great location/subject for a panoramic aspect ratio. I think you did a great job composing this scene there is something equally interesting across the entire frame, it is nicely balanced. I also think you did a good job rendering the fall colors, your processing does them justice. My first reaction was to run some de-haze on the background. But after studying the image I actually prefer it with the haze, it adds some nice mood to the image. Very nicely done Richard.

Hi Michael, thank you for the feedback and suggestion.

Hello Ed,
Thank you for your comments. I understand your reaction about the haze in the background. I was tempted to use the dehaze filter but I decided to keep the haze for the ambiance.

This is a grand view for sure, Richard. In fact my first thought was this is similar to the view of the White Mountains from Sunset Hill in Sugar Hill, NH. The autumn colors look fantastic and I do not mind the BG haze as it adds to the mood IMO. I could see adding a little canvas on the bottom as I agree with my brother @Michael_Lowe about those on the right being a little cut off. Minor stuff though as this is lovely as is.