Moon set in the Mara

I pushed the Limits on this photo I wonder if it was to far. I shot this at ISO 4000

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jeffrey, Welcome. Very nice shot and well processed especially for ISO 4000. A couple of comments: I recognize from your title that your intent is to emphasize the moon, but I am not sure that the moon is the main focus, although you did a good job of including it. In my opinion the main focus is the elephants on the move. You could crop a bit from the top to eliminate it. If you want to emphasize the moon, make it more prominent and the principle focus. also, perhaps a bit more at bottom and right side (so they have room to walk into). Thanks for posting. This is really very nice. Please keep posting.

Hi Jeffrey. Welcome to NPN, I really like the line of elephants and the placement of the moon in the frame. Though I know the light was this way, to me the elephants kind of fade into the image, which may be what you intended, but I think you’d get a more powerful image if they had a little more light on them. To me they look like they have just the faintest hint of dawn lighting them and I think a bit of emphasis on that would really make this image pop.

Welcome again. I look forward to more of your posts and your insight on other’s images.

Welcome to NPN!
A cool image of elephants on the move with some interesting colors and the moon. I somehow feel that it is possible to extract some more colors in the sky. The image may improve with slight boost in the contrast.
Cheers !

Nice first post. Welcome to NPN. Hope to see more of your work.

Things to consider already mentioned. This must have been amazing to see in person.