More zoom?

Should I zoom in more, cutting off more of the pedals? My goals was to highlight the flowers center - color, texture.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Zoomed/clipped. Nikon D3500, f5.6, 1/60s - flower/macro setting.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mike,

Welcome to NPN! Excellent, intimate view of this flower (no expert here…)

I’m not sure I would zoom in any closer; you need to allow enough comfort space around the center, I think. With that though,you might clone the tips of the background leaves in both the Upper L & R corners that are coming out of the pedals. Not a big deal, but something to consider.

Colors and processing look good. I’d say a little on the green side, but this looks totally natural as a fresh, blooming flower like this will almost always have some green until it’s fully developed.

Perhaps a little more sharpness in the middle. You didn’t mention a tripod or handheld. Details look pretty good though.

Welcome aboard!

Lon

Mike: I think the crop works fine. The center is soft and I also think this is a touch underexposed. When the center is the main subject critical sharpness there is important. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>