Morning Beauties

Description: These are beautiful little yellow flowers that only open up in the morning and then as the sun rises and it gets hot they close up and you hardly even know they were there.

Specific Feedback Requested: I did the twist the camera and zoom technique, just one exposure as my camera only has double exposure capability, which I don’t think would do much.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3400, 18-55mm, 1/6, f/29, ISO 100

Is this a composite?No (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

I think you have created a very good ICM image with a lot of dynamics. I like the flower itself, the colors and the energy. To emphasize the energy even more, there could be a possibility to slightly increase the saturation and luminance of the yellow, and to a lesser amount, the green color. I just made a quick test, and at the same time just cropped a little to the left.

1 Like

Yes, you hit a sweet spot of rotation and zoom. The soft light gave you a very pleasing tonal range. I think you could bump the contrast and brightness even more, as @Ola_Jovall suggests.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ola_Jovall for your feedback and suggestions, it seems like very slight tweaks, but it looks good. Also thanks @Diane_Miller for looking and your inputs.

Vanessa, this really works well. Nice touch with just the right amount of ICM/Zoom. Feels like a dream.

1 Like

Thanks so much @David_Bostock for looking! I’m so glad you like it and think that it works as it took me a while to even post it as I wasn’t sure about it! So thanks!

Wonderful shot, Vanessa! This is very vibrant and lively. I feel the strong wind. I also like the higher contrast and brighter one.

1 Like

Thank you, so much, Nao, for your kind words! I’m glad you like it. I never thought of it as looking windy, but I see what you mean!

This is very cool looking Vanessa, a great use of this ICM technique. It has a very dynamic look. Glad to see you having some fun fooling around with this approach. I do like the changes suggested by @Ola_Jovall in his rework, the added warmth and luminosity add more vibrancy to the image. With abstracts like this you can certainly try more aggressive processing tweaks, because abstracts are not intended to portray reality.

1 Like

Partially, why I like abstracts, is hoping to not have to do a lot if any processing! That’s the hardest part! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thank you for your feedback @Ed_McGuirk, I’m glad you think it works!