Morning Glory and BlackberryBushes

A misty day. I liked the droplets and the white on green.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
7DII; 100/400 @234; 8.0; spot; -1.0; 500 ISO

3 Likes

The water droplets bring this image to another level. Too bad there weren’t three flowers! Pleasing image.

Beautiful! The flowers just glow against that dark background and the tiny dew drops give them a special texture. I could see cropping this to 1:1 or 4:5, since you have just two flowers. I think the stem on the right side isn’t adding much.

What a wonderful thing to do with a couple of nasty weeds, Jim. The whites a just perfect to my eye and the dew adds a very nice touch while the blackberry leaves make a great background. Very well seen and executed.

PS The white flowers are actually Meadow Bindweed, a perennial weed. True Morning Glories are annuals and not much of a pest. I used to rent a place where the whole south border of the property was covered in this combination. It was always interesting to see which species would dominate in any given year.

A good find, with lovely dew drops and well-handled whites! Sometimes this stuff can be attractive! I’d consider cropping out the chewed-up leaf on the right.

Weeds are only weeds if you have an agenda…these have risen above and I love the wildness you left in the photo. Perfect whites and the dew is the icing for sure. I don’t mind the chewed leaf as it adds to the wildness, but you could clone or patch the holes if you felt like it. A winner!

Thank you everyone. Dennis, Thanks for the identification. I have always called these morning glory believing they are just large versions of the ubiquitous ones here in Eastern Washington. Diane, I like having the chewed-up leaf because it seems to fit the scene as Kristen points out, but on the other hand cropping would lend more emphasis to the blooms. Patricia and Bonnie, there were flowers everywhere but couldn’t find three together that I could photograph (I wasn’t going to wade into the blackberry patch even if I did find 3). The stem on the right is like the chewed-up leaf, I think.