Morning Light

This is one of my favorite pictures from this fall. I like the composition with the circle of fog over the reflecting surface of the water and the triangle of rocks and trees that tapers upwards. The burning orange in the left background gives the picture additional depth. The strong contrast reflects the mood of this autumn morning very well. How do you like it?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any kind of criticism is welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I had to remove a little haze and bring out the colors and add clarity.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

martinkleuters.photography

1 Like

This is more somber, darker and cooler than many autumn foliage images. But I like it for those very reasons, it’s something out of the ordinary. I also like your choice of the vertical aspect ratio, it adds an area of darker tones at the top which helps accentuate the yellow trees below. Overall, I think this image works very well.

My only suggestion would be apply some slight warming on a localized basis to the sunlit yellow trees. I think this would further enhance the warm / cool contrast already present in the image.

1 Like

I am pleased that it appeals to you.Thank you for your great description and the suggestion.

My only suggestion would be to bring out some more detail on the RS of the image. It’s a little too dark IMHO.

Hi @Michael_Lowe Thank you for taking your time for my contribution. I was aware that the side was very dark but had the feeling to support the scene. After I improved it, he found it a lot better right away. Everything seems more balanced. Thanks a lot for this. I also have the trees and bushes that are warmed up in the sunlight a bit which rounds off the whole thing nicely. Thanks for the tip @Ed_McGuirk