Mossy brunch

Mossy branch.
I am always unsure whether it works the way I imagine it will work with this picture. I like the cool tone of the branch and the pointed lights on the left. That was also the first thing I noticed. Besides, I find it great how the branch is surrounded by the small branches and gives the picture. I have consciously chosen to allow the background blurred so that these great atmospheric light rays can be better displayed. In addition, this beautiful mossy tree stays in the background and takes on a mythical presents. I think you should take time to look at this image so that the individual elements can merge and interact with each other. Several times I have tried to crop it but I keep coming back to this format.
I’m very excited about how this picture affects you.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback is desired

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I opened the shadows in the ast and took out the moss with dodge and burn. I also removed a few small disturbing branches.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

martinkleuters.photography!

Martin, I’m enjoying your choice of DOF, keeping the background blurred and showing the light rays. The rim light on the main mossy branch is beautiful, too. You said you liked the cool tone of the branch, but I’m wondering if it was warmed up just a tad, and the foggy background cooled, would give more sense of depth, without ruining the mood you want to achieve. I gave it a crack, but it may not match your vision. At any rate, this is lovely.

1 Like

Martin: Really good vision on this and your previous post. The moodiness is conveyed really well. It appears that the two images in your post are identical so you may want to delete the second one. If you’re not sure how to do that let me know and I’ll take care of it for you. Again, great to have you aboard. >=))>

1 Like

Hello. Yes that would be very friendly if you could delete the first picture. Best regards.

Hi best thanks to the intersse and the criticism.I also like your variant very much and I understand exactly what they mean. Hi best thanks to the intersse and the criticism.I also like your variant very much and I understand exactly what they mean. Looks forward me that you like it and addressed you. Greetings

The branch in this image is a symbol of power in relation to the surrounding environment. Much different mood from your previous post. Great that you have found these mood shots… most would not have seen their promise. Keep them coming!