Mountain Laurel

The Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia) are blooming with gusto at my favorite local park. For this view I wanted a sense of the dense bloom cluster but focused on the single bud in the center. An 11 shot stack for DOF. (5D3, 180 mm macro, 1/60 s, f/22, iso 400, tripod)

1 Like

One of my all time favorite blossoms, Mark. I don’t know why I’ve never planted them. The only variety we have out here is a swamp plant and I only know of one place where it grows, though I’m sure there are plenty of others. I really like the composition in this image with the open blossoms surrounding the immature one. Beautiful image.

You did a wonderful job of focus stacking. The flowers almost look like styrofoam they are so sharp. At first I thought the hole in the center was too open, but looking at this large, I see that the composition is excellent. Nice image, Mark.

This splendid plant is a present to us from North America. Here it grows in some gardens and not many. I love the creative and artistic work that the nature have done with these flowers and I admire your presentation clear and clean, full of luminosity. I have only an impossible wish: to see completely separated the bud from the surrounding flowers.

Mark, this is a wonderful presentation of these blooms with that bud in the middle. Very creative.

1 Like